Requirements for Enrollment:
1. Active Duty line officers are prohibited from enrolling in the SOS DL course until 7 years TAFCS.
2. Active Duty LAF-J, HC and NC officers are prohibited from enrolling in SOS DL until 3 years' time-in-grade as a captain.
3. Active Duty MSC and BSC officers are prohibited from enrolling in SOS DL until 2 years' time-in-grade as a captain.
4. Active Duty MC and DC officers may enroll in SOS DL on or after their date of rank to captain.
5. Guard and Reserve officers may enroll in SOS DL upon their selection to captain.
6. Federal civilian employees click here for enrollment information.
7. International officers may refer to AFI 36-2301, Paragraph 11.3, for enrollment criteria and procedures.
Steps to enroll
1) Please use the hyperlink below to enroll into the SOS DL program. Reminder: This requires a CAC reader, but it can be done from outside the NIPRNET.
***NOTE: After clicking the link below, you may have to click either "Advanced" or "More Information", then click a link to proceed to the website (it may say the website is unsafe).***
2) On the AU Portal page, click on button “Click here to login or create a new account”.
3) Click on “Log In” under CAC Login. (If you have never created an AU Portal account, click “Create Account” and follow the directions.)
4) Once logged in, on the left menu hover over “Distance Learning”, then hover over “AWC”, then click on “AUSIS.”
5) Once on AUSIS page, click on the “Enroll in Program” link on left side of page. (You may need to scroll all the way down the page and click on the “Accept” button. This should allow the “Enroll in Program” link to appear. If you don't see this, and you see a screen with 3 buttons in the middle, select the one on labeled "Request Student Access".)
***NOTE*** If you do both of these steps, and you still cannot find where to enroll, click on the “View Progress” link. If it takes you to a page that shows that you are enrolled into the Student Orientation course in the middle of the screen, then you have been enrolled into the program.
6) After clicking on the “Enroll in Program” link, follow instructions and fill out the required information to complete the enrollment.
7) After you have completed your AUSIS enrollment, the system will automatically create your Blackboard account. It is usually created within a few minutes, however, it can take as long as 24-48 hours.
If you have any questions about enrollment or if you are having difficulty with enrollment, please submit a help ticket.